What is Abaqus
Abaqus FEA (formerly ABAQUS) is a software suite for finite element analysis and computer-aided engineering, originally released in 1978. The Abaqus product suite consists of five core software products:
- Abaqus/CAE, an application used for both the modeling and analysis of mechanical components and assemblies (pre-processing) and visualizing the finite element analysis result.
- Abaqus/Standard, a general-purpose Finite-Element analyzer that employs implicit integration scheme (traditional).
- Abaqus/Explicit, a special-purpose Finite-Element analyzer that employs explicit integration scheme to solve highly nonlinear systems with many complex contacts under transient loads.
- Abaqus/CFD, a Computational Fluid Dynamics software application which provides advanced computational fluid dynamics capabilities with extensive support for preprocessing and postprocessing provided in Abaqus/CAE.
- Abaqus/Electromagnetic, a Computational electromagnetics software application which solves advanced computational electromagnetic problems.
Supported Operating Systems
How to get Abaqus - personal computers
The Abaqus Student Edition is available for free to students, faculty, and staff. Download and install instructions are available on the Abaqus Student Edition webpage: https://academy.3ds.com/en/software/abaqus-student-edition
How to get Abaqus - lab computers and research
Teaching and research licenses are restricted.
Please contact Dr. Mark Barkey, the Department Head of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics to request access.