How to Request Building or Room Access

Jump to navigation Jump to search

About Building or Room Access

Building exterior doors, common use rooms such as copy/mail rooms, and labs and rooms with multiple occupants such as office suites and grad student offices are equipped with ACT card readers for access. Single occupant offices and other rooms require a key for access.

  • Access must be requested by faculty or staff. Students cannot request access.
  • Student access expires September 15th each year unless an earlier expiration date is requested. (This changed from August 15th in August 2022).

BOM2, BOM4, BOM5, Cyber, Hardaway, HM Comer, NERC, and SERC Buildings

For card access or keys to COE buildings/rooms, fill out the access request web form COE Access Request Form. This generates a support ticket and someone will contact you to assist. If access is given to a lab, the PI for that lab will be notified.


The College of Engineering only manages rooms occupied by Engineering departments. This includes basement rooms 0020-0058, the Remote Sensing area, faculty offices, and the Cyber Security lab on the first floor.
The UA Analytical Research Center manages rooms 1014, 1018, 1024, 1058, 1071, and 2058. Please see their web page to request access to those areas.
Other areas are managed by the College of Arts & Sciences. Please see their web page to request access to those areas.

SEC and Shelby Hall

Card access to SEC and Shelby is handled the same way as other buildings.

Keys are managed by the College of Arts & Sciences. To request keys to labs or offices in either building, please email and be sure to include the following:

  • Your name
  • Your email address
  • Your supervisor's name and email address
  • Your department chair's name and email address
  • Building name and room numbers