About McAfee Virus Protection
McAfee security offers simple and effective virus protection to help UA students, faculty and staff protect data and identity across connected devices. McAfee customer support is available on McAfee’s service website.
Faculy, staff, students, and retirees are eligible to install.
Supported Operating Systems
How to obtain for UA-owned computers
Email email@example.com to request installation.
How to obtain for personal computers
- Select your Country/Language.
- Enter required code – found on the Tech Tab of myBama.
- Enter your student/faculty email address.
- Click Get Email.
- You will then receive a message to check your email for a download link.
- Visit your Crimson or UA email, and open the email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the link to redeem your product.
- Once you click, you will be taken to a redemption page. The product key should auto-populate. Enter your Crimson or UA email address and click “Submit”.
- You will be asked to log in to your existing McAfee account or create a new one by clicking “Register Now”. Follow the prompts for either option.
- Once logged in, you will receive a “Download Now” prompt. Click “Download Now” to download the product to your machine.
Contact McAfee support with any questions.
Retirees should contact the IT Service Desk via 205-348-5555 or email@example.com.